HMS School is looking for a Residential Program and School Wide Activities Coordinator. Primary responsibility will be creating and engaging a fun and safe environment for our Residential students as well as working with our day student population in providing school wide activities. The ideal candidate will work with our Educational, Therapeutic and Nursing staff to plan activities for all our students to engage in such as community- school assemblies, special events during the school day, as well as events on the evenings and weekends aimed at our residential population and the community in general. Looking for an energetic leader who enjoys spending time with children and creating a fun and positive environment for students and staff alike. Reports to the President.
- Responsible for annual license renewal through DHS and coordinating and providing all needed documentation as part of this yearly process.
- The writing of Individual Service Plans reports for all residential students and ensuring that all ISP goals are followed.
- The programming of activities for residential, respite stay students and alumni on evenings and weekends.
- The implementation of our after-school program to be filled with highly engaging experiences for our students.
- Coordination of alumni events on weekends.
- The scheduling of school-wide events around holidays and special occasions including, but not limited to, the engagement of guest speakers, performers and shows for our students.
- Creation of activities available to all students in both our day and residential program; coordinating all activities in conjunction with our educational program.
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday 11am-7pm
- Wednesday and Thursday Off
- Saturday and Sunday 9-5
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 4 years work experience in Administration or human services.
- Experience working with children and/or adults with special needs.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working in a DHS licensed residential facility (a plus).