Transition Planning/Futures Planning

The ARC of the United States
1660 L Street, NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20036
202.534.3700 / 800.433.5255
Advocates for the rights and full participation of all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to improve systems of supports and services; connect families; inspire communities and influence public policy.

Center for Children with Special Needs
Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center
1100 Olive Way, Suite 500, MS: MPW8-3
Seattle, WA 98101
Provides information to families and professionals focusing on children who have chronic physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions such as asthma, cancer, autism, or cerebral palsy.

The Consortium for Children and Youth with Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs
Promotes cooperative efforts to improve the process transitioning from child-centered (pediatric) to adult oriented health care.

Disabled and Alone
Life Services for the Handicapped, Inc.

352 Park Ave South, Suite 703
New York, NY 10010
212.532.6740/ 800.995.0066
Helps families provide a secure future for their loved ones with a disability.

Estate Planning for Special Needs
Helps families plan for the future of their dependents with special needs, including preserving government benefits and providing insurance and other financial solutions which can help provide lifetime quality care.

The Healthy and Ready to Work National Center (HRTW)
Providing information and connections to health and transition expertise nationwide – from those in the know, doing the work and living it!

National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability
4455 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 310
Washington, DC 20008
Information regarding employment for youth with disabilities.